Moving is a stressful because it can be a long road before everything is all said and done. This can be especially difficult for anyone moving out of the country. Not only will you have to cancel utilities and set them up again at your new residence, but you will have to find the best deals when hiring household movers and international auto transport companies.
To make moving less stressful, stretch the process out over a couples months rather than into a couple chaotic weeks. The experts in the moving industry offer the best tips for moving to Brazil. Representatives are standing by waiting to consult with you and answer all of your questions. You can receive a free quote in fifteen minutes on how much it will cost to transport your belongings and automobile to Brazil.
Here are some tips to help you with your move to Brazil:
• Bring the Proper Paperwork- Whenever you enter another country you will have to provide the proper authorities such as customs agents with documentation such as your driver’s license, passport, proof of insurance, and bill of lading.
• Document the Condition of Your Items- Before you ship your household goods or automobile, make sure to take pictures of the condition of all your items. This will help back up your case in the event of an accident.
• Keep Up with Customs Regulations- Whenever you transport a vehicle into another country, you will run into customs officials. These are the people who enforce the rules and regulations on automobiles being imported into Brazil. Customs agents and moving professionals work together for that.
• Contacting a Moving Company- When it comes to scheduling a ship date, you should provide the company with at least 30 days notice. Scheduling a ship date should be done after you take inventory of all of your items. Taking inventory helps the company to calculate an accurate quote as well as provide peace of mind.
• Finding Reputable Companies- Both household and automotive transport companies offer excellent customer service and reliable international transport to Brazil for realistic prices. To make sure you get the best rate, compare quotes from three different auto transport companies and three different household moving companies.
Popular Ports in Brazil
• Belo Horizonte
• Distrito Federal e Enterno
• Porto Alegre
• Rio de Janeiro
• Sao Paulo
Why You Should Hire a Professional Transport Company
It is recommended that you contact a company that specializes in delivering the items you are trying to transport. In the case of a vehicle, you will want to rely on an professional auto transport company because they have the tools essential to successfully ship a vehicle overseas to Brazil. Both household moving companies and auto transport companies have one thing in mind and that is providing excellent customer service.
When dealing with reputable movers, you get the best technology the industry has to offer. By reading customer reviews online, you can find out just how high the success rate is for this industry. Shippers will have many options to choose from and can take advantage of real-time satellite tracking to keep an eye on their cargo as it makes its way to Brazil.
How to Prepare Your Home for a Move
To reduce the amount of tension and stress that moving can create, it is important to remain organized. One way to stay organized is to break down one room at a time. Start by packing up items in the largest room in the house. The best place to start is the living room because it is usually the largest room in the house and located closest to the door.
Keep all of your packaged goods in that room once they have been properly packed, sealed and labeled. Have all labels facing out on the side of the box so that they can be read easily when loading and unloading. Create a safe work environment by removing all trip hazards and keeping small children occupied at a safe distance from the work zone.
How to Prepare a Vehicle for International Transport
• Remove any lose items or personal possessions
• Disable the security alarm if the vehicle has one installed
• Make sure the gas reading is no higher than ¼ of the way
• Check the fluids, tire pressure and battery
• Wash the bike and document the damages including small scratches and abrasions